Following the tried and true search engine optimization (SEO) rules is essential if you want your business to thrive and prosper. Trouble is, many people ignore the rules or attempt to take short cuts. That can lead to a disaster, therefore we’ll look at those SEO tips your business must follow.
1. Stay on topic: Don’t confuse people by making your website about too many things. Your site should have a main topic and that topic should be clear and understandable. Everything you write and say should flow naturally from the topic.
2. Link to your other pages: You’ll have a navigation system in place to help people find your main pages. You will also need to link to pages within your site. This means you must find similar articles and link to them. Then link back to the article from where you linked.
3. Add keywords to your permalink structure: When you name links, you can settle for the date of the article and include the article’s title. What you want to do here is to add the keyword related to the title to ensure it is easily found by the search engines.
4. Throw out the junk: Just as you should declutter your home from time to time, do likewise for your website. This means removing anything that might slow it down, including unnecessary plugins, oversized images, and music files. Your pages should load fast, usually within two seconds.
5. Link out with care: When writing your articles, make sure you link out to the appropriate sites. Only choose sites with a strong reputation and avoid any site that has a suspect history or reputation. The last thing you want is to be careless in your strategy and get penalized by Google search.
6. Add fresh content: The more quality content on your website, the better for your SEO efforts. This means consistently adding new content and having that information include at least 600 words, headers, photos and accurate details. Choose evergreen content wherever possible. Using more seasonal information means those details can become outdated. You can go back and make those updates and add fresh links, where possible.
7. Make use of your keywords: You’ll have certain keywords and phrases of importance to you. Include these keywords on your website, within pages and in articles. Don’t overuse the keyword, choosing it no more than once for every 100 words. Use variations on the keyword theme too. Lastly, add keywords to your photos as part of the “alt” image description.
8. Check all the search engines: You want your website to be fully indexed by all the search engines, not just Google. This means visiting Bing, Yahoo Search, Ask, AOL Search, Wow, Web Crawler, Info and DuckDuckGo to verify indexing. If you’re not listed, typically you can submit your site directly to each search engine.
9. Acquire inbound links: One of the hardest things to do is acquire inbound links, especially from high-end websites. Fortunately, this is possible, especially if you consent to be interviewed, offer the website owner valuable tips, or do something else to curry the favor of the site manager. In some cases you may be permitted to share a guest post with a link back to your site provided as the reward.
Get Help: Another tip is something you might have been thinking about all along. Getting help. As in hiring a professional to handle your work explains LocalSEOCompanies.com. By outsourcing your work you may find it easier and wiser to allow the professionals to manage your efforts, permitting you to concentrate on doing what you do best — managing your business.